Dietdirect

Dietdirect.com

Follow Me On Social Media

Follow The Fun

March 30, 2016

Here is the first part of the time lapse of the big 40" by 60" Lynde Marsh scene🎨 After the initial block in in fluid acrylic has dried, I brush on a very thin coating of water soluble linseed oil medium. I then begin to paint the sky directly in water soluble oils, painting the negative shapes between the branches. I paint in swirls of distinct colours that gradually get warmer and lighter as they approach the sun. This creates pathways for the eye to follow, encouraging the viewers eye to travel throughout the painting. Next step is to block in the foliage on the left side of the painting and rough in the sun. Finally I mix the correct blue for the shadows and block in the pattern for the cast shadows. Notice that I again use negative painting to paint around the foreground vertical branches. This is what gives my work its distinctive look. This is three full days of painting. To learn more go to my youtube channel: http://bit.ly/ TPFAyoutube. Over the next few years I will be posting videos about everything I know about creating art and the business of being an artist. I’m living my dream and would love to help you live yours! by timpackerfinearts


via IFTTT

Share This Post Today